A dental emergency is a situation that is likely to happen to anybody. And when this happens, there always the panic that will come among the people surrounding the patient. Where to go? Is there an emergency dentist around? It is a case that needs to get attention as soon as possible. We’ll with this step by step.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is a broad term used in issues that involve teeth and other issues that need to be treated the soonest possible time. These cases should be treated by dental professionals, who have the expertise on the field. In such cases, the best place to bring your patient is in a dental office with emergency facilities.
What is an emergency dentist for?
An emergency dentist is trained and offer their services in times of emergencies. This time, it includes midnight calls, beyond clinic hours and sometimes, going to a patient’s house if it is required. They are available 24/7 to serve.
How to determine if it is a dental emergency?
- Substantial damage to your teeth. When you suspect substantial damage on your teeth, you must immediately see your dentist. Substantial means that it affects other parts and functions of the mouth.
- Unbearable pain. Pain that is no longer bearable should be shown to a dentist. It is good to have it check for a more severe injury. It maybe causes by more severe damage inside.
- Presence of an abscess. Check for any abscess that is visible to your eye. Presence of an abscess in the mouth also is a sign of more severe illness that needs immediate attention.
- Continuous Bleeding. Continuous bleeding needs immediate medical attention, you should right away bring the patient to a dentist. Bleeding should be stopped immediately to avoid loss of more blood. Loss of blood if not stopped, may result in death.
- Swelling in gums. Continuous swelling on gums and the face is a sign that there is something wrong. It is considered an emergency dental situation.
Emergency dentist in Lancaster area
There are many dentists in the Lancaster area, but, not many are offering dental emergency services. It is because emergency services will require you to be available 24 hours. It is also the problem of payment that deters them because there is no way to determine if the insurance will include it in their coverage. There are a lot of legal and financial factors, why not many dentists offer emergency services. However, you can find few dental centers the offers emergency dental services.
Your emergency dental center in Lancaster
Lancaster Dental Care Associates is among those who offered emergency dental service in the area. They offer a complete range of dental service, which includes emergency cases.
They are available in Lancaster and its surrounding areas. Read their pages at www.drsaidara.com and check what they can do for you. They have the expertise and the best facilities to offer you. You can also check on the people who manage the center, who they are and check their reputation.